Friday, August 30, 2013

Rock Pick, Area 5


This is an old photo and I wanted to give it new life and try out some different framing ideas. This picture was taken several years back but the wabi sabi Rock Pike/Hammer is still around someplace on the property. If you want one there are several being offered on eBay but they don't have this nice rust.

The summer is almost gone and I feel the excitement of returning to school. eSchool that is. I will be taking a photography class with Carol Leigh in late September so maybe that will give me a kick in the pants to embrace my camera. 

This next weekend I start a class "Experiments in Collage" and e course with Randel Ploughman who is also the author of the "Collage Workbook". I am not quite ready to get my hands dirty with glue and paint but I have cleaned out the outdoor studio formerly belonging to my late husband (sorry Marty) and will initiate that space with some hands-on collage. I am so spoiled by using Fusion 4000 as my adhesive. It is a heat process and very clean. I need more backgrounds to feed the digital urge so nothing will be lost.  Food for the scanner and maybe the camera.

My joy is in the learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger