Friday, November 20, 2009

Bizarre Holiday, Absurdity Day, 20 November


Eleven years ago I bought my first computer and spent the first few days trying to figure out what 'drag and drop' meant. By this day in 1998, I was in love with all the strange and wonderful things the internet had to offer. I started collecting Bizarre Holidays and started using this theme to do greeting cards for family and friends. It was also a good excuse to search through my collections for meaningful plunder. I Googled Absurdity Day today and found so many more sites including eCard sites.
This is an appropriate day to begin posting a few of the older collages. I haven't found the origin of this day but it is always celebrated November 20.
This German Poster Stamp is an ad for pencils and reflects the struggle for the North Pole. My background is an 1880s engraving of ice and water.
Go think of something absurd and make it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger